Catalog No.S2169 Synonyms: ZD4522
Molecular Weight(MW): 500.57
Rosuvastatin Calcium is a competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase with IC50 of 11 nM in a cell-free assay.
Purity & Quality Control
Choose Selective HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitors
Click to view more
2. For more details, such as half maximal inhibitory concentrations (IC50s) and working concentrations of each inhibitor, please click on the link of the inhibitor of interest.
3. "+" indicates inhibitory effect. Increased inhibition is marked by a higher "+" designation.
4. Orange "√" refers to compounds which do inhibitory effects on the related isoform, but without specific value.
|Description||Rosuvastatin Calcium is a competitive inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase with IC50 of 11 nM in a cell-free assay.|
Rosuvastatin is relatively hydrophilic and is highly selective for hepatic cells; its uptake is mediated by the liver-specific organic anion transporter OATP-C. Rosuvastatin is a high-affinity substrate for OATP-C with apparent association constant of 8.5 μM.  Rosuvastatin inhibits cholesterol biosynthesis in rat liver isolated hepatocytes with IC50 of 1.12 nM. Rosuvastatin causes approximately 10 times greater increase of mRNA of LDL receptors than pravastatin.  Rosuvastatin (100 μM) decreases the extent of U937 adhesion to TNF-α-stimulated HUVEC. Rosuvastatin inhibits the expressions of ICAM-1, MCP-1, IL-8, IL-6, and COX-2 mRNA and protein levels through inhibition of c-Jun N-terminal kinase and nuclear factor-kB in endothelial cells. 
|In vivo||Rosuvastatin is efficient on reducing plasma liquids. Rosuvastatin (3 mg/kg) daily administration for 14 days decreases plasma cholesterol levels by 26% in male beagle dogs with normal cholesterol levels. In cynomolgus monkeys, Rosuvastatin decreases plasma cholesterol levels by 22%  Rosuvastatin (20 mg/kg/day) administration for 2 weeks, significantly reduces very low-density lipoproteins (VLDL) in diabetes mellitus rats induced by Streptozocin.  Rosuvastatin shows antiatherothromhotic effects in vivo. Rosuvastatin (1.25 mg/kg) significantly inhibits thrombin-induced transmigration of monocvtes across mesenteric venules via inhibition of the endothelial cell surface expression of P-selectin, and increases the basal rate of nitric oxide in aortic segments by 2-fold times.  Rosuvastatin (20 mg/kg) inhibits ROS production, normalizes NO-dependent endothelial function and reduces platelet activation in diabetic rats induced by Streptozocin.  Rosuvastatin displays cardioprotective effects in vivo. Rosuvastatin (80 mg) is shows to decrease infarct size and improve cardiac mechanical function after ischemia/reperfusion in animal model. The cardioprotective properties of Rosuvastatin may be due to the improvement of coronary blood flow, decrease in resistance of coronary arteries mediated by enhanced eNOS expression, and the subsequent increase in the production of vascular endothelial NO.  Rosuvastatin (2.0 mg/kg) attenuates left ventricular hypertrophy produced by transaortic constriction in mice through regulation of Racl protein and NADPH oxidase activities. |
-  Schneck DW, et al. Clin Pharmacol Ther, 2004, 75(5), 4554-63.
-  Watanabe M, et al. Bioorg Med Chem, 1997, 5(2), 437-444.
-  Kim YS, et al. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol, 2007, 49(6), 376-383.
-  Carswell CI, et al. Drugs, 2002, 62(14), 2075-2085
-  Stalker TJ, et al. Br J Pharmacol, 2001, 133(3), 406-412.
-  Sch?fer A, et al. Biochem Pharmacol, 2007, 73(9), 1367-1375.
-  Bulhak AA, et al. Acta Physiol Scand, 2005, 183(2), 151-159.
-  Custodis F, et al. Cardiovasc Res, 2006 Jul 15, 71(2), 342-351.
-  Dansette PM, et al. Exp Toxicol Pathol, 2000, 52(2), 145-148.
|In vitro||DMSO||100 mg/mL (199.77 mM) warming|
|In vivo||4% DMSO+30% PEG 300+dd H2O||10mg/mL|
* 1 mg/ml means slightly soluble or insoluble.
* Please note that Selleck tests the solubility of all compounds in-house, and the actual solubility may differ slightly from published values. This is normal and is due to slight batch-to-batch variations.
Calculate the mass, volume or concentration required for a solution. The Selleck molarity calculator is based on the following equation:
Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) × Volume (L) × Molecular Weight (g/mol)
*When preparing stock solutions, please always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the via label and MSDS / COA (available on product pages).
Calculate the dilution required to prepare a stock solution. The Selleck dilution calculator is based on the following equation:
Concentration (start) x Volume (start) = Concentration (final) x Volume (final)
This equation is commonly abbreviated as: C1V1 = C2V2 ( Input Output )
* When preparing stock solutions always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the vial label and MSDS / COA (available online).
Molecular Weight Calculator
Enter the chemical formula of a compound to calculate its molar mass and elemental composition:
Tip: Chemical formula is case sensitive. C10H16N2O2 c10h16n2o2
Instructions to calculate molar mass (molecular weight) of a chemical compound:
To calculate molar mass of a chemical compound, please enter its chemical formula and click 'Calculate'.
Definitions of molecular mass, molecular weight, molar mass and molar weight:
Molecular mass (molecular weight) is the mass of one molecule of a substance and is expressed in the unified atomic mass units (u). (1 u is equal to 1/12 the mass of one atom of carbon-12)
Molar mass (molar weight) is the mass of one mole of a substance and is expressed in g/mol.
Clinical Trial Information
|NCT Number||Recruitment||Conditions||Sponsor/Collaborators||Start Date||Phases|
|NCT02841774||Not yet recruiting||HIV Infection|Coronary Heart Disease||Donald Lloyd-Jones|Northwestern University||November 2016||Phase 2|
|NCT02662894||Not yet recruiting||Hypertension|Dyslipidemia||EMS||August 2016||Phase 3|
|NCT02814500||Not yet recruiting||Healthy||Alvogen Korea||July 2016||Phase 1|
|NCT02715726||Not yet recruiting||Hypercholesterolemia||Sanofi|Regeneron Pharmaceuticals||July 2016||Phase 3|
|NCT02741245||Recruiting||Hypercholesterolemia||Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.||June 2016||Phase 3|
|NCT02767310||Completed||Healthy||Verisfield UK Ltd. Greek Branch||May 2016||Phase 1|
Answers to questions you may have can be found in the inhibitor handling instructions. Topics include how to prepare stock solutions, how to store inhibitors, and issues that need special attention for cell-based assays and animal experiments.
Tel: +1-832-582-8158 Ext:3
If you have any other enquiries, please leave a message.