Molecular Weight(MW): 416.74
EUK 134, a synthetic superoxide dismutase (SOD)/catalase mimetic, exhibits potent antioxidant activities, and inhibits the formation of β-amyloid and related amyloid fibril.
Purity & Quality Control
Choose Selective Beta Amyloid Inhibitors
Click to view more
2. For more details, such as half maximal inhibitory concentrations (IC50s) and working concentrations of each inhibitor, please click on the link of the inhibitor of interest.
3. "+" indicates inhibitory effect. Increased inhibition is marked by a higher "+" designation.
4. Orange "√" refers to compounds which do inhibitory effects on the related isoform, but without specific value.
|Description||EUK 134, a synthetic superoxide dismutase (SOD)/catalase mimetic, exhibits potent antioxidant activities, and inhibits the formation of β-amyloid and related amyloid fibril.|
EUK 134 shows potent catalase and SOD activities, and protects human fibroblasts against cytotoxicity by glucose and glucose oxidase.  EUK 134 (20 μM) prevents Aβ-induced microglial proliferation in vitro.  In SK-N-MC cells, EUK134 protects neuronal cells against H(2)O(2) toxicity by attenuating oxidative stress through inhibition of MAPK pathway, and also results in decreased expression of pro-apoptotic genes p53 and Bax as well as enhanced expression of anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 gene.  EUK 134 significantly inhibits amyloid formation at two molar ratios of 1:1 and 5:1 (drugs to protein). 
|In vivo||EUK 134 (2.5 mg/kg), in a middle cerebral artery occlusion model, significantly reduces brain infarct size, and apparently prevents further infarct growth.  EUK-134 prevents oxidative stress and attenuates rat brain damage induced by systemic administration of systemic kainic acid (KA). |
-  Baker K, et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1998, 284(1), 215-221.
-  Jekabsone A, et al. J Neuroinflammation. 2006, 3, 24.
-  Mohammadi M, et al. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2011, 108(6), 378-384.
|In vitro||DMSO||83 mg/mL (199.16 mM)|
|Water||13 mg/mL (31.19 mM)|
* 1 mg/ml means slightly soluble or insoluble.
* Please note that Selleck tests the solubility of all compounds in-house, and the actual solubility may differ slightly from published values. This is normal and is due to slight batch-to-batch variations.
Calculate the mass, volume or concentration required for a solution. The Selleck molarity calculator is based on the following equation:
Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) × Volume (L) × Molecular Weight (g/mol)
*When preparing stock solutions, please always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the via label and MSDS / COA (available on product pages).
Calculate the dilution required to prepare a stock solution. The Selleck dilution calculator is based on the following equation:
Concentration (start) x Volume (start) = Concentration (final) x Volume (final)
This equation is commonly abbreviated as: C1V1 = C2V2 ( Input Output )
* When preparing stock solutions always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the vial label and MSDS / COA (available online).
Molecular Weight Calculator
Enter the chemical formula of a compound to calculate its molar mass and elemental composition:
Tip: Chemical formula is case sensitive. C10H16N2O2 c10h16n2o2
Instructions to calculate molar mass (molecular weight) of a chemical compound:
To calculate molar mass of a chemical compound, please enter its chemical formula and click 'Calculate'.
Definitions of molecular mass, molecular weight, molar mass and molar weight:
Molecular mass (molecular weight) is the mass of one molecule of a substance and is expressed in the unified atomic mass units (u). (1 u is equal to 1/12 the mass of one atom of carbon-12)
Molar mass (molar weight) is the mass of one mole of a substance and is expressed in g/mol.
Answers to questions you may have can be found in the inhibitor handling instructions. Topics include how to prepare stock solutions, how to store inhibitors, and issues that need special attention for cell-based assays and animal experiments.
Tel: +1-832-582-8158 Ext:3
If you have any other enquiries, please leave a message.