Catalog No.S2631 Synonyms: KDS-4103
Molecular Weight(MW): 338.4
URB597 is a potent, orally bioavailable FAAH inhibitor with IC50 of 4.6 nM, with no activity on other cannabinoid-related targets. Phase 1.
Purity & Quality Control
Choose Selective FAAH Inhibitors
Click to view more
2. For more details, such as half maximal inhibitory concentrations (IC50s) and working concentrations of each inhibitor, please click on the link of the inhibitor of interest.
3. "+" indicates inhibitory effect. Increased inhibition is marked by a higher "+" designation.
4. Orange "√" refers to compounds which do inhibitory effects on the related isoform, but without specific value.
|Description||URB597 is a potent, orally bioavailable FAAH inhibitor with IC50 of 4.6 nM, with no activity on other cannabinoid-related targets. Phase 1.|
URB597 binds in the hydrophobic pocket and catalytic core of FAAH that connects the active site residues to the membrane surface of FAAH.  URB597 inhibits FAAH activity in human liver microsomes with IC50 of 3 nM.  URB597 reduces the expression of the LPS-induced enzymes cyclo-oxygenase 2 (COX-2) and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS; NOS2) in primary rat microglial cell, with a concomitant reduction in the release of the inflammatory mediators prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and (NO) nitric oxide.  URB597 evokes Ca2+ entry in HEK293-F Cells transiently expressing human or rat TRPA1 gene. URB597 also activates Ca2+ entry in rat DRG neurons natively expressed TRPA1 channels. 
|In vivo||URB597 inhibits [3H]anandamide hydrolysis in rat brain membranes with a parallel increase in brain anandamide, OEA, and PEA content by inhibition of FAAH. URB597 enhances the hypothermia effect induced by ethanolamide by inhibiting FAAH.  When delivered intraperitonealy (0.3 mg/kg) URB597 reduces allodynia and hyperalgesia through cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptor-mediated analgesia in rats with inflammatory pain.  URB597 reduces the reduction in body weight gain and sucrose intake induced by the chronic mild stress in rats through inhibition of brain FAAH activity.  URB597 could reverse most depressive-like symptoms induced by adolescent THC exposure in femal rats. |
-  Mor M, et al. J Med Chem, 2004, 47(21), 4998-5008.
-  Piomelli D, et al. CNS Drug Rev, 2006, 12(1), 21-38.
-  Tham CS, et al. FEBS Lett, 2007, 581(16), 2899-2904.
-  Niforatos W, et al. Mol Pharmacol, 2007, 71(5), 1209-1216.
-  Fegley D, et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther, 2005, 313(1), 352-358.
-  Jayamanne A, et al. Br J Pharmacol, 2006, 147(3), 281-288.
-  Bortolato M, et al. Biol Psychiatry, 2007, 62(10), 1103-1110.
-  Realini N, et al. Neuropharmacology, 2011, 60(2-3), 235-243.
|In vitro||DMSO||68 mg/mL (200.94 mM)|
|Ethanol||5 mg/mL (14.77 mM)|
|In vivo||30% propylene glycol, 5% Tween 80, 65% D5W||30 mg/mL|
* 1 mg/ml means slightly soluble or insoluble.
* Please note that Selleck tests the solubility of all compounds in-house, and the actual solubility may differ slightly from published values. This is normal and is due to slight batch-to-batch variations.
Calculate the mass, volume or concentration required for a solution. The Selleck molarity calculator is based on the following equation:
Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) × Volume (L) × Molecular Weight (g/mol)
*When preparing stock solutions, please always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the via label and MSDS / COA (available on product pages).
Calculate the dilution required to prepare a stock solution. The Selleck dilution calculator is based on the following equation:
Concentration (start) x Volume (start) = Concentration (final) x Volume (final)
This equation is commonly abbreviated as: C1V1 = C2V2 ( Input Output )
* When preparing stock solutions always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the vial label and MSDS / COA (available online).
Molecular Weight Calculator
Enter the chemical formula of a compound to calculate its molar mass and elemental composition:
Tip: Chemical formula is case sensitive. C10H16N2O2 c10h16n2o2
Instructions to calculate molar mass (molecular weight) of a chemical compound:
To calculate molar mass of a chemical compound, please enter its chemical formula and click 'Calculate'.
Definitions of molecular mass, molecular weight, molar mass and molar weight:
Molecular mass (molecular weight) is the mass of one molecule of a substance and is expressed in the unified atomic mass units (u). (1 u is equal to 1/12 the mass of one atom of carbon-12)
Molar mass (molar weight) is the mass of one mole of a substance and is expressed in g/mol.
Clinical Trial Information
|NCT Number||Recruitment||Conditions||Sponsor/Collaborators||Start Date||Phases|
|NCT00916201||Not yet recruiting||Schizophrenia||Central Institute of Mental Health, Mannheim|Max-Planck Institute for Metabolism Research||December 2015||Phase 1|
Answers to questions you may have can be found in the inhibitor handling instructions. Topics include how to prepare stock solutions, how to store inhibitors, and issues that need special attention for cell-based assays and animal experiments.
Tel: +1-832-582-8158 Ext:3
If you have any other enquiries, please leave a message.