Catalog No.S2895 Synonyms: SF 6847, RG-50872
Molecular Weight(MW): 282.38
Tyrphostin 9 is firstly designed as an EGFR inhibitor with IC50 of 460 μM, but is also found to be more potent to PDGFR with IC50 of 0.5 μM.
Purity & Quality Control
Choose Selective EGFR Inhibitors
Click to view more
2. For more details, such as half maximal inhibitory concentrations (IC50s) and working concentrations of each inhibitor, please click on the link of the inhibitor of interest.
3. "+" indicates inhibitory effect. Increased inhibition is marked by a higher "+" designation.
4. Orange "√" refers to compounds which do inhibitory effects on the related isoform, but without specific value.
|Description||Tyrphostin 9 is firstly designed as an EGFR inhibitor with IC50 of 460 μM, but is also found to be more potent to PDGFR with IC50 of 0.5 μM.|
SF 6847 inhibits the replication of herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) with IC50 of 40 nM. SF 6847 (50 nM) partly reverses sodium orthovanadate induced HSV-1 plaque formation. SF 6847 (< 400 nM) decreases the phosphorylation of viral phosphoproteins in a dose-dependent manner, but the SF 6847 (< 800 nM)-induced reduction of protein synthesis is not dose-dependent.  SF 6847 prevents PDGF-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of LRP in caveolae in human fibroblasts suggesting that PDGF-BB-mediated LRP activation requires tyrosine phosphorylation and therefore activation of PDGFR-β.  SF 6847 (1 mM) blocks the strain-induced stimulatory effect on DNA synthesis of fetal lung cells.  SF 6847 (1 μM) causes increased exon inclusion of MAPT exon 10. SF 6847 does not affect the translation or stability of the two mRNAs. SF 6847 (1.6 μM) increases the inclusion of MAPT exon 10 by 2-fold in SHSY-5Y cells. 
-  Gazit A, et al. J Med Chem, 1989, 32(10), 2344-2352.
-  Yura Y, et al. Arch Virol, 1995, 140(7), 1181-1194.
-  Boucher P, et al. J Biol Chem, 2002, 277(18), 15507-15513.
|In vitro||DMSO||56 mg/mL (198.31 mM)|
|Ethanol||56 mg/mL (198.31 mM)|
* 1 mg/ml means slightly soluble or insoluble.
* Please note that Selleck tests the solubility of all compounds in-house, and the actual solubility may differ slightly from published values. This is normal and is due to slight batch-to-batch variations.
|Synonyms||SF 6847, RG-50872|
Calculate the mass, volume or concentration required for a solution. The Selleck molarity calculator is based on the following equation:
Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) × Volume (L) × Molecular Weight (g/mol)
*When preparing stock solutions, please always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the via label and MSDS / COA (available on product pages).
Calculate the dilution required to prepare a stock solution. The Selleck dilution calculator is based on the following equation:
Concentration (start) x Volume (start) = Concentration (final) x Volume (final)
This equation is commonly abbreviated as: C1V1 = C2V2 ( Input Output )
* When preparing stock solutions always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the vial label and MSDS / COA (available online).
Molecular Weight Calculator
Enter the chemical formula of a compound to calculate its molar mass and elemental composition:
Tip: Chemical formula is case sensitive. C10H16N2O2 c10h16n2o2
Instructions to calculate molar mass (molecular weight) of a chemical compound:
To calculate molar mass of a chemical compound, please enter its chemical formula and click 'Calculate'.
Definitions of molecular mass, molecular weight, molar mass and molar weight:
Molecular mass (molecular weight) is the mass of one molecule of a substance and is expressed in the unified atomic mass units (u). (1 u is equal to 1/12 the mass of one atom of carbon-12)
Molar mass (molar weight) is the mass of one mole of a substance and is expressed in g/mol.
Answers to questions you may have can be found in the inhibitor handling instructions. Topics include how to prepare stock solutions, how to store inhibitors, and issues that need special attention for cell-based assays and animal experiments.
Tel: +1-832-582-8158 Ext:3
If you have any other enquiries, please leave a message.