Catalog No.S7223 Synonyms: E-616452, SJN 2511
Molecular Weight(MW): 287.32
RepSox is a potent and selective inhibitor of the TGFβR-1/ALK5 with IC50 of 23 nM and 4 nM for ATP binding to ALK5 and ALK5 autophosphorylation in cell-free assays, respectively.
Purity & Quality Control
Choose Selective TGF-beta/Smad Inhibitors
Click to view more
2. For more details, such as half maximal inhibitory concentrations (IC50s) and working concentrations of each inhibitor, please click on the link of the inhibitor of interest.
3. "+" indicates inhibitory effect. Increased inhibition is marked by a higher "+" designation.
4. Orange "√" refers to compounds which do inhibitory effects on the related isoform, but without specific value.
|Description||RepSox is a potent and selective inhibitor of the TGFβR-1/ALK5 with IC50 of 23 nM and 4 nM for ATP binding to ALK5 and ALK5 autophosphorylation in cell-free assays, respectively.|
RepSox inhibits ATP binding to ALK5 and ALK5 autophosphorylation with IC50 of 23 nM and 4 nM, respectively. RepSox inhibits TGF-β induced cellular PAI-1 luciferase activity with IC50 of 18 nM.  RepSox is able to successfully replace Sox2 in reprogramming by inhibiting transforming growth factor-β (Tgf-β) signaling, which in turn induces Nanog expression. Effect of RepSox inducing reprogramming does not require chromatin remodeling. RepSox is found to be efficient at generating iPSCs. 
|In vivo||RepSox is able to be contribute to forming chimeric embryos in vivo when injected into blastocysts. A one-day treatment with RepSox is sufficient to replace transgenic Sox2. |
|In vitro||DMSO||57 mg/mL (198.38 mM)|
* 1 mg/ml means slightly soluble or insoluble.
* Please note that Selleck tests the solubility of all compounds in-house, and the actual solubility may differ slightly from published values. This is normal and is due to slight batch-to-batch variations.
|Synonyms||E-616452, SJN 2511|
Calculate the mass, volume or concentration required for a solution. The Selleck molarity calculator is based on the following equation:
Mass (g) = Concentration (mol/L) × Volume (L) × Molecular Weight (g/mol)
*When preparing stock solutions, please always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the via label and MSDS / COA (available on product pages).
Calculate the dilution required to prepare a stock solution. The Selleck dilution calculator is based on the following equation:
Concentration (start) x Volume (start) = Concentration (final) x Volume (final)
This equation is commonly abbreviated as: C1V1 = C2V2 ( Input Output )
* When preparing stock solutions always use the batch-specific molecular weight of the product found on the vial label and MSDS / COA (available online).
Molecular Weight Calculator
Enter the chemical formula of a compound to calculate its molar mass and elemental composition:
Tip: Chemical formula is case sensitive. C10H16N2O2 c10h16n2o2
Instructions to calculate molar mass (molecular weight) of a chemical compound:
To calculate molar mass of a chemical compound, please enter its chemical formula and click 'Calculate'.
Definitions of molecular mass, molecular weight, molar mass and molar weight:
Molecular mass (molecular weight) is the mass of one molecule of a substance and is expressed in the unified atomic mass units (u). (1 u is equal to 1/12 the mass of one atom of carbon-12)
Molar mass (molar weight) is the mass of one mole of a substance and is expressed in g/mol.
Answers to questions you may have can be found in the inhibitor handling instructions. Topics include how to prepare stock solutions, how to store inhibitors, and issues that need special attention for cell-based assays and animal experiments.
Tel: +1-832-582-8158 Ext:3
If you have any other enquiries, please leave a message.